What Is The Paving Process?
The paving process consist of three phases: Asphalt/Concrete Removal, Sub-base preparation, and Asphalt/Concrete Installation.
Asphalt / Concrete Removal
• Saw-cuts are completed to protect any pavement to remain.
• All asphalt/concrete will be removed by machines and laborers.
• Old material is then hauled off site.
• The gravel (or Base) underneath the old pavement may need to be replaced.
• The base is then graded and pitched for proper water drainage.
• Once graded, the base is compacted prior to asphalt / concrete installation.